|March 31, 2021
Log on: 12.15pm
|Online||T - +61 7 3231 2400
It is almost five years since amendments to the Environmental Protection Act 1994 established the environmental chain of responsibility laws in Queensland.
The application of these laws continues to evolve and it is important for all those potentially exposed to chain of responsibility issues to be aware of the latest developments. The impacts are significant and related penalties for companies can be in excess of $3 million.
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is relevant to all those impacted by chain of responsibility laws: directors, office holders (including managers and employees), holding companies, shareholders, joint venture partners, landholders, bodies corporate, financiers, investors, mortgagees exercising power of sale, receivers, administrators and liquidators.
What will we cover?
In this practical webinar, partners Leanne O'Neill and Graham Roberts, will discuss the chain of responsibility laws and how they affect you and your organisation. They will explore:
- the laws and the authority given to the Queensland Department of Environment and Science to issue environmental protection orders
- the wide range of companies and individuals who are potentially caught by the laws
- the penalties that can apply
- the types of commercial activities that often trigger chain of responsibility laws
- recent examples of how the laws have been applied in practice, and the implications for both organisations and individuals.
What can you expect to learn?
Participants in this webinar can expect to:
- deepen their understanding of chain of responsibility laws
- recognise the people and roles in their organisation that could potentially be affected by the laws
- identify the types of commercial activities that may give rise to chain of responsibility issues
- learn about the latest ways in which chain of responsibility laws are being applied and implications for their organisation.
- If you are unable to attend at the advertised time, please register and we will send you a recording of the webinar after it has taken place.
We hope you can join us for this practical and timely session.