|March 05, 2020||Cooper Grace Ward||T - +61 7 3231 2400||$35.00|
|Lunch: 12.00pm||Level 21, 400 Georgeemail@example.com|
|Finish: 1.30pm||Brisbane, Qld, 4000|
Join us for a practical parenting seminar with Dr Kristy Goodwin to deepen your understanding of how digitalised childhoods and adolescence are impacting kids' health, learning and development.
Dr Goodwin will highlight the upside as well as the pitfalls associated with kids and teens using screens and will equip parents with simple and realistic strategies to best manage technology at home (so screen-time doesn't always end in 'scream-time').
This will include:
- understand why kids have techno-tantrums (and effective strategies to prevent them)
- how much screen-time is healthy and harmful
- whether it's okay to use screens as a reward/punishment tool
- the current online risks facing kids and teens, and
- simple ideas to develop healthy tech habits at home.
Bring your 'digital dilemmas' and Dr Kristy will help you find simple solutions and put an end to your techno-guilt!
Justine Woods, head of Cooper Grace Ward's Family Law team, will also share some of the strategies parents can use to prevent issues arising from social media and technology during a relationship breakdown.
Tickets are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
We hope you can join us for this special event.