The protective measures taken by the UAE's Ministry of Education, as well as the immigration restrictions recently implemented, raise a number of issues from both a commercial and employment perspective for operators in the education sector. Partners Ross Barfoot, Dino Wilkinson and Senior Associate Samantha Ellaby held a webinar to discuss the impact of the Coronavirus on the education sector in the UAE.
- UAE immigration restrictions, their impact on recruitment and practical suggestions for mitigation
- How to manage staff sickness, quarantine and absence
- Remote working and distance learning
- Travel bans and restrictions
- Protective measures put in place by education regulators and their legal implications
- Reviewing your contracts (including the parent/student contracts and supply contracts) and the points to look out for
- How to deal with requests for tuition fee refunds or discounts
- Health and safety considerations
- Social media risks
- Data protection and privacy issues relating to sharing/disclosure of information
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.