Please join the International Private Client Group, a part of Holland & Knight's Private Wealth Services Practice, for the final installment in our exclusive International Private Client Webinar Series. Our highly experienced attorneys will delve into the personal and business matters that affect international high-net-worth families and individuals. We will provide insight on how to protect you, your loved ones or your business in divorce, adoption, international tax and estate issues, and other sensitive matters, as well as how to develop a strategic plan for a legacy that could last for generations.
See below for more details and registration information for our final event in the series.
Identity Protection for High-Net-Worth Individuals and Family Offices
Cyberattackers from around the world are using dark web tactics and resources to threaten high-net-worth individuals and their families, businesses and family offices. These attacks are growing in frequency and sophistication, with ransomware and phishing techniques targeting individuals and businesses. Threats include the publication of confidential information, rerouting of payments, depleting financial accounts and/or disruption to everyday life.
Several Holland & Knight attorneys will discuss how to protect against hackers:
- Paul Bond, a partner in Holland & Knight's Data Strategy, Security and Privacy Group, has more than 15 years of experience setting up defenses against identity theft on both the corporate and personal level. This has included assisting ultra-high-net-worth individuals as they implement authentication procedures and cross-checks, as well as working with technical experts to ensure a safe computing environment in their homes and offices, on their devices and while traveling.
- Shardul Desai, who joined Holland & Knight from his position as a federal prosecutor in the Cyber and National Security Section and the Economic Crimes Section at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania, has overseen numerous criminal investigations and prosecutions concerning identity theft, access device theft and cybercrime, as well as dark web activities.
- Thomas Bentz, chair of Holland & Knight's Cyber Liability Insurance Team and author of A Buyer's Guide to Cyber Liability Insurance Coverage, has decades of experience in negotiating cyber insurance coverage terms and maximizing insurance recovery in connection with cyber risk.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. MT
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. PT
Meeting access information will be provided in your confirmation email.
Please register online for this event by October 12.
Below are the online recordings, and if available, accompanying materials for the previous events in this series:
- Cross-Border Prenuptial Agreements: Navigating the Dangerous Shoals of Love, Wealth and Marriage Involving Multiple Countries of Origin, Domicile and Residence (also see related Holland & Knight alert)
- Divorce in a Post-Tax Reform World with a Focus on Cross-Border Issues (also see related Holland & Knight alert)
- Ongoing Post-Election Coverage Issues for International Clients
- Navigating the U.S. Immigration System in a Time of Uncertainty
- You Can Run But You Can't Hide from the IRS
- Giving for Good Around the Globe: International Charitable Planning and Tax-Exempt Organizations Discussion
- U.S Tax Considerations and Planning for Investing Abroad
- Structuring Investments into the U.S.