The USPTO is seeking applications for the position of Attorney Advisor (and more specifically, Interlocutory Attorney) at the TTAB. The detailed announcement may be found here. Applications are due by February 25, 2021.
This position is located in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). As an Interlocutory Attorney in the TTAB, the duties are, but not limited to:
- Analyzing the legal issue in question, developing the strategy to deal with the legal issue, and determining the content and means of delivery of the completed analysis of the legal issue.
- Managing interlocutory matters in oppositions, cancellations and concurrent use cases at the TTAB.
- Serving as a recognized expert in the procedural and substantive aspects of the law, mentoring and coaching others.
- Independently deciding and issuing orders on all procedural and substantive motions that are not potentially dispositive of the proceeding, such as motions to amend pleadings, motions to compel and motions to strike evidence.
- Consulting with and drafting decisions for Administrative Trademark Judges on all procedural and substantive motions that are potentially dispositive of the proceeding, such as motions to dismiss, motions for judgment on the pleadings, and motions for summary judgment.
- Working with Administrative Trademark Judges and the top management of the TTAB, as well as the top management and/or attorneys of other private and public organizations
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.