Subscribe to The Cyberlaw Podcast:
In our 301st episode of The Cyberlaw Podcast, Stewart Baker interviews Ben Buchanan, author of the new book, The Hacker and the State: Cyber Attacks and the New Normal of Geopolitics. Stewart is also joined by Maury Shenk, Gus Hurwitz (@gushurwitz), and Nick Weaver (@ncweaver) to discuss:
- Should Facebook, Google, and others be liable for user posts?
- Facebook published a whitepaper on content regulation.
- The European Union has a new digital strategy.
- Cybercriminals are using Google ads as leverage.
- Elon Musk wants all artificial intelligence development to be regulated.
- Algorithms have failed to fix the bail system.
- The Australian Department of Home Affairs is challenging encryption law proposals.
- And more!
Be sure to fill out our podcast poll at www.steptoe.com/podcastpoll!
As always, The Cyberlaw Podcast is open to feedback. Be sure to engage with @stewartbaker on Twitter. Send your questions, comments, and suggestions for topics or interviewees to CyberlawPodcast@steptoe.com. Remember: If your suggested guest appears on the show, we will send you a highly coveted Cyberlaw Podcast mug!
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.