The 2020 edition of Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Jones Day in 113 practice rankings and honors 114 Firm lawyers, who were named leading lawyers and/or noted for their cross-border experience. Highlights from the 2020 edition include:
Six Band 1 rankings across five practice areas
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (USA)
- Capital Markets: Derivatives (France)
- Compliance (Mexico)
- Intellectual Property
- China (International Firms)
- Labor & Employment (USA)
Numerous accounts of clients hailing the Jones Day's "great management of resources," "very high levels of co-ordination," and "consistency in delivering high quality service across jurisdictions."
Other comments from clients include:
- "The 'results-orientated' team is roundly praised by clients for its ability 'to combine fantastic knowledge of the clients' markets with international experience and think first about clients' interests.'"
- "In reference to a cross-border matter led by Jones Day across eight jurisdictions, a client says the team provides 'exceptional quality control' in securing aligned standards of work done in all countries, adding that the lawyers have 'relationships throughout the world.'"
- "When discussing an international transaction, one client says the team was 'very pragmatic and they worked around the clock recognizing that we are in different time zones with a significant gap.' The client also recognizes the team's 'excellent language skills' and describes the lawyers as 'business-savvy.'"
10 global-wide rankings
- Corporate Investigations
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
18 rankings in Chambers' recently established International & Cross-Border Capabilities tables in individual countries
- The tables identify the best and most user-friendly firms for matters involving international aspects and issues. Jones Day is recognized for its strengths in cross-border transactional and contentious matters arising across the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Chambers Global rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.