Seyfarth Synopsis: Join us on Thursday, September 13th for breakfast! As parents and children gear up for the inevitable fall return to school ("it's the most wonderful time of the year....") we thought it also would be a good time to start a new chapter, and get back to our "ABC"s of hiring and onboarding.
We will be tackling developments in predictive scheduling laws, pay equity issues, the impact of medical marijuana on hiring, and other general hiring considerations. The program will include an educational tutorial and mandatory classroom participation on the following issues:
- Onboarding, hiring practices and trends (get your homework done!)
- “Ban the Box” (20 years later; PLUS the what, when (where, why) and how employers can ask about and use criminal history in the hiring process)
- Medical marijuana (and the wrench it throws into the drug-testing machinery)
- Pay Equity (dotting all your "I"s and crossing all your "T"s (and $$s))
- Predictive Scheduling (do we have to give employees a crystal ball schedule — maybe!)
While there is no cost to attend, registration is required and space is limited. If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Carlon at email@example.com and reference this event.
Also, for those that need the credits, note that Seyfarth Shaw LLP is an approved provider of Illinois Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. This seminar is approved for 1.5 hours of CLE credit CA, IL, NY, NJ and TX. CLE Credit is pending for GA and VA. HR professionals: please note that the HR Certification Institute accepts CLE credit toward recertification.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.