Definition of Entrepreneurship
Entre + prendre => Undertake, begin stg...
''An entrepreneur is a person who sees the difference between an opportunity & and a threat, but turns both into an opportunity.''
Action + turn into (transform) + added value
Wake up Test for Entrepreneurs
- I don't like being told what to do by people who are less capable than I am.
- I like challenging myself.
- I like to win.
- I like being my own boss.
- I always look for new and better ways to do things.
- I like to question conventional wisdom.
- I like to get people together in order to get things done.
- People get excited by my ideas.
- I am rarely satisfied or complacent.
- I can't sit still.
- I can usually work my way out of a difficult situation.
- I would rather fail at my own thing than succeed at someone else's.
- Whenever there is a problem, I am ready to jump right in.
- I think old dogs can learn — even invent — new tricks.
- Members of my family run their own businesses.
- I have friends who run their own businesses.
- I worked after school and during vacations when I was growing up
- I get an adrenaline rush from selling things.
- I am exhilarated by achieving results.
- I could have written a better test than Isenberg (and here is what I would change ....)
WHAT is GEM?
The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) project is an annual assessment of the entrepreneurial activity, aspirations and attitudes of individuals across a wide range of countries.
Conducted since 1998, with the participation of 73 countries worldwide, as of 2014 GEM is a major international research study aimed at increasing our knowledge of entrepreneurship.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.