With Bob Palmer, Norman Wisely
Transfers of interests in oil and gas production licences can be made in two ways; either by an "asset sale" : the transfer of the licence(s) and associated agreements themselves; or by a "share sale" : the sale of the shares in the company holding the licence(s) (or that company's parent).