On September 18, 2017, the National Hydrocarbons Commission ("CNH") published, the call for bidding procedure CNH-A5-NOBILIS-MAXIMINO-C4-2017, which purpose is the selection of partner so the State Owned Productive Company, PEMEX Exploration and Production, may jointly exploit with a partner, the block described below.
|Name||Location||Prospective Resources(million barrels)||Property of resources|
|Nobilis-Maximino||Mexican Gulf||627.0||light oil|
Bidding guidelines for the above referred bidding procedures, as well as their model contracts, are already published in CNH official website.
|Final bidding calendar||December 20, 2017|
|Period to request access to virtual data room||September 18, 2017 – November 03, 2017|
|Access to virtual data room||September 18, 2017 – January 30, 2018|
|First clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – October 23, 2017|
|Second clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – October 23, 2017|
|Third clarification stage||September 18, 2017 – December 14, 2017|
|Inscription payment and prequalification appointment||September 18, 2017 – November 03, 2017|
|Reception of prequalification documents||November 06, 2017 – November 10, 2017|
|Review of prequalification documents||November 13, 2017 – December 15, 2017|
|Prequalified companies' publication||December 20, 2017|
|Period to request CNH authorization to conform bidders||January 11, 2018 – January 12, 2018|
|Filing of proposals||January 31, 2018|
Bidding Guidelines Specifications / Model Contract:
- To participate, an information license use will be required for an amount equal or greater to $3,700,000.00 (three million seven hundred thousand pesos).
- Experience as operator in at least 1 project for ultra-deep waters with depths of at least 1,500 meters during the last 10 years must be proved.
- Production in deep waters or ultra-deep waters with an annual average greater or equal to 50,000 barrels of crude equivalent oil between 2012 – 2016 must also be proven.
- Experience in industrial safety matters and environmental protection during the past 5 years must be proven, as well as experience in the implementation and operation of management systems, industrial safety and environmental protection in exploration and extraction projects.
- Sufficient capital: (i) countable capital of at least USD 5,000 billion; (ii) assets with a value of at least USD 25 million and a credit investment degree.
- Capital investments in exploration and/or extraction projects of at least USD 2,000 billion.
- For Non-Operators. Countable capital of at least USD 250 million.
Model contract to be implemented is license contract.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.