Due to the earthquake that occurred on September 19, 2017, which impacted Mexico City and neighboring states, the General Plenary Session of the Superior Chamber of the Federal Court of Administrative Justice declared that the period beginning September 19 at 1:00 p.m. through September 22, 2017, to be non-working days for the chambers identified below:
- Metropolitan (Mexico City)
- Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala State)
- Eastern (Puebla State)
- Morelos (Morelos State)
- Mexico City's Northern-Eastern (Tlatepantla, Mexico State)
- South of Mexico's State (Toluca, Mexico State)
- Specialized Chamber in Matter of Intellectual Property
- Specialized Chamber in Online Trials
- Specialized Chamber in Environmental and Regulation Matter
- First Specialized Chamber in Exterior Commerce Matter
- Specialized Chamber in Matter of Exclusive Substantive Resolution Trial.
The auxiliary chambers located within these chambers and facilities also are subject to such closure.
During the above-referenced period, the proceedings before these chambers are suspended. Likewise, this time period will not be included in calculations to determine timeframes or deadlines.
To review related updates, please click here.
We are monitoring this situation and will report on any pertinent developments.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.