The Maltese government is launching a new Citizenship-by-Investment program aimed at ultra-high net worth individuals and families who want to secure citizenship of an EU member state with high standards of living.
The program grants Maltese residency to suitable applicants who qualify under the strict due diligence standards and vetting process, and who make a significant contribution to the economic development of Malta via the National Development Fund established by the government.
Eligible persons will be required to meet the following minimum contributions in the initial phase of the program:
- Main applicant contribution to National Development Fund: EUR650,000
- Contribution for spouse and minor children: EUR25,000 each
- Contribution for dependents (children aged 18 to 25 years, or dependent parents aged 55 and above): EUR50,000 each
Due diligence fees apply and have been set as follows:
- Main applicant: EUR7,500
- Children aged 13 to 18 years: EUR3,000
- Spouses, adult children and dependent parents: EUR5,000
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.