Our latest Offshore-i report on transactions for thesecond quarter of 2015 reveals that the number of offshore M&A deals and IPOs across jurisdictions increased by 25% in Q2 when compared to the first quarter of the year while average deal size remained robust.
The Asian markets continue to help drive offshore dealmaking, with five of the 10 largest deals in Q2 2015 involving an Asian company acquiring an offshore target. Hong Kong companies attracted four of the top ten this quarter.
Key Asia themes this quarter:
- Hong Kong announced 113 deals worth a combined USD25bn
- 24 of the 40 offshore companies that have either listed or announced plans to IPO have headed for the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Chinese businesses were involved in 54 deals with an offshore target, and were the subject of 109 deals where an offshore business was the acquirer.
- The largest China outbound deal saw Zhongrun Resources Investment of China, a financial services business, the subject of a capital increase by investors in China and Cayman worth USD4.6bn.
- In terms of international acquirers buying offshore assets, the most active jurisdiction was Hong Kong.
We hope that you find the analysis in Offshore-i useful. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with your usual Appleby contact should you have any questions.
To request a copy of the full report please email us, including your name and organisation.
Visit our dedicated Offshore-i section including previous summary reports.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.