There were more than 200 offshore initial public offerings (IPOs) announced or completed in 2015, with the majority of those businesses coming from the Cayman Islands, according to our new research.
Summary of key findings from the Appleby IPO Barometer:
- 202 offshore-incorporated companies completed IPOs or announced plans to go public in 2015, with 124 of those that announced currently working to meet internal and regulatory listing requirements.
- The Hong Kong Stock Exchange attracted the highest number of listings and planned listings, with 132 companies choosing the exchange. The HKEx was followed by the NASDAQ and London Stock Exchange, each with 17. The New York Stock Exchange and AIM each had five, and the Singapore Exchange, one.
- The three biggest offshore IPOs of 2015 were Legend Holdings Corporation, Dali Foods Group Co., Ltd and HKBN Ltd.
- Cayman Islands-incorporated companies completed and/or announced 151 IPOs, making up 74% of the total.
- Manufacturing was the most popular sector by volume, while financial and technical activities accounted for the highest value of listings.
We hope you find our latest research of interest. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.