Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands – The second celebration of Cayman Entrepreneurship Day (CED) will take place on Thursday, 10 April 2014 at the Family Life Centre.
The event is organised by the Department of Commerce and Investment (DCI) in recognition of entrepreneurs in the Cayman Islands. It will start at 9:00 a.m. and end at 7:00 p.m. It will be free and open to the public.
The event will include a small business expo; technical assistance workshops; face-to-face meetings with accomplished entrepreneurs; a platform for budding entrepreneurs to present their business ideas; and a cocktail reception and business networking event, with a presentation made by a successful entrepreneur.
The event is intended to:
- Increase awareness of the variety of micro and small businesses that exist in the local market;
- Stimulate immediate sales for exhibitors;
- Educate a wider audience on the services that DCI and other non-government organisations can provide to the sector;
- Inform the small business community of new investment projects that they can benefit from; and
- Gain further insights as to the special needs of businesses in crisis.
DCI Director Ryan Rajkumarsingh said that due to calls from small business owners and last year's successful event, DCI was very much encouraged to put on another event coinciding with World Entrepreneurship Day.
"Not only is this event a fantastic opportunity for small and micro business owners to exhibit their goods and services to the general public, it also gives business owners a chance to network and learn best practices as well as showcase how they can do business together," he said. "Working together gives them the opportunity to benefit from economies of scale which can result in cost reductions and improved services."
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.