New to our roster of publications is a Lexology article on electronic commerce law in Canada. Written in Q&A format, this publication looks at key legal and regulatory requirements that apply to digital businesses in the Canadian marketplace.
E-commerce issues considered in this publication include:
- Federal vs. provincial authority;
- Electronic contract and e-signature validity;
- Electronic payment systems;
- Virtual currency;
- Privacy law and consumer protection;
- Data breaches;
- Cybersecurity and encryption;
- Digital advertising regulations and spam;
- Domain name disputes;
- Taxation of online sales;
- Dispute resolution.
We are pleased to be able to make this 28-page publication available for downloading.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.