OFFICES IN CANADA:
Bridgewater, Calgary, Charlottetown, Edmonton, Fredericton, Halifax, Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, Langley, London, Mississauga, Moncton, Montreal, North York, Ottawa, Quebec, Regina, Saint John, St. John's, Saskatoon, Sydney, Truro, Vancouver, Victoria, Windsor, Winnipeg
PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of the largest professional services firms in Canada, with 27 offices coast-to-coast and more than 2,400 partners and staff. We pride ourselves on being strategic business advisors to individuals, corporations and organisations in virtually all industries - whether in the private or public sector, or whether small owner-managed businesses or large multinational corporations.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada is a member of PricewaterhouseCoopers International, one of the world's leading providers of professional services, including auditing, accounting, tax and consulting. The organisation comprises national and international practice entities which are members of PricewaterhouseCoopers International, a limited liability association incorporated in Switzerland, and which serve clients on a globally integrated basis in more than 125 countries.
There's no doubt about it - taxation is a financial preoccupation for all businesses and most individuals. Whether or not we'd like to admit it, every business transaction we make has direct or indirect tax consequences. With tax laws continually changing, expert advice is essential. Our tax philosophy is to identify opportunities for our clients and resolve issues in a creative and proactive manner. In-depth skills, coupled with market sector knowledge and experience, enable us to provide a comprehensive range of services.
Tax Strategy, Planning and Compliance
We work in partnership with our clients to:
- Ensure that their operations are organised to minimise taxes;
- Maximise the benefits of tax deferral opportunities;
- Choose the optimum strategy for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; and
- Make representations to tax authorities on issues of concern.
We serve clients with international taxation needs by integrating the services of member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International around the world, advising on:
- The selection of an appropriate business entity for domestic and foreign operations;
- The acquisition and financing of operations and investments worldwide;
- The repatriation of funds and the taxation of foreign source income; and
- The impact of tax treaties, foreign tax holidays, and exchange controls.
We assist our clients by:
- Establishing/revising transfer pricing policies and related inter-company charges for global tax optimisation;
- Preparing documentation, economic studies and valuations to defend against assessments from tax authorities;
- Negotiating advance pricing agreements; and
- Making representations on international competent authority issues.
Services to Executives Abroad
Using specialised software, and through the member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International in more than 125 countries, we assist with the transfer of personnel between countries by:
- Planning tax-effective remuneration and relocation strategies;
- Establishing tax equalisation policies;
- Optimising social security costs and benefits;
- Assessing the related corporate tax implications;
- Dealing with the government authorities in both the home and host countries; and
- Simplifying the human resource process.
Canada/U.S. Tax Services
We provide expert advice on:
- Structuring and financing cross-border investments;
- Analysing the impact of the Canada/U.S. Tax Treaty on business arrangements;
- Reducing the tax cost of repatriating investments and profits;
- Dealing with all aspects of cross-border employee transfers; and
- Negotiating Canada/U.S. tax disputes with Canadian and U.S. authorities.
Goods and Services Tax ("GST") and Provincial Sales Taxes
We assist organisations by:
- Reviewing their operations to determine possible overpayments of GST and provincial sales taxes and preparing refund claims as required;
- Initiating procedures to maximise all possible exemptions; and
- Ensuring that accurate reporting procedures are in place to protect against penalties.
We apply our market sector knowledge to:
- Undertake operational reviews to identify opportunities for reducing duties and compliance costs; and
- Ensure conformity with customs regulations and procedures.
Corporate and Personal Tax Return Preparation
Our professionals use customised computer software to prepare tax and required information returns and analyse possible tax strategies for:
- Individual residents of Canada and non-residents who are employed or conduct business in Canada;
- U.S. citizens, including those living in Canada and those who have recently left;
- Trusts, including the estates of deceased individuals;
- Canadian and U.S. corporations and branches; and
- General and limited partnerships.
Wealth Accumulation Strategies
Using our interactive, integrated approach we help entrepreneurs, executives and other individuals to:
- Target appropriate wealth accumulation and estate planning objectives;
- Develop practical, timely strategies to accumulate sufficient wealth; and
- Implement and monitor those strategies, with regular evaluations of their results.
THE PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS TAX CONNECTION
Our philosophy is to identify opportunities for our clients and resolve issues in a creative and proactive manner. Our aim is to work as a team with our clients to generate effective tax strategies and savings.
OTHER SERVICES PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS PROVIDES INCLUDE:
Business Assurance Services
Auditing and accounting form the foundation on which PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada was built. Our industry sector experience and technical expertise enable us to provide our clients with strategic advice on how to improve their risk management and internal control processes. Four specific factors assist in making the difference:
- A risk-based audit approach that focuses our efforts on the areas of greatest significance and potential exposure;
- The ongoing involvement of our partners with our clients' directors and senior management, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner and that our clients' business needs in areas other than accounting are also addressed;
- A full-time Accounting Research Group to monitor industry developments and keep our professionals current with accounting standards; and
- The PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit Support System ("PCASS"), our trademark electronic audit file. The PCASS platform is linked nationally and to member firms world-wide, enabling us to capture, organise and share audit information at a moment's notice. PCASS has re-engineered the audit process, accelerating our response time to clients while using their technology and demanding less from their staff. PCASS allows us to expand our knowledge and experience base through instant access to our international network of member firms, thereby broadening our understanding of the risks and business issues our clients are facing.
Looking for a better way to run your organisation? Chances are we can help. Our consultants have already helped public and private sector enterprises across Canada and around the world find smarter ways of doing business - and we can do the same for you.
Our clients come from the financial, health care, retail, natural resources, manufacturing, real estate and public sectors. What we offer them is virtually unlimited expertise in the following areas:
Integrated Management Solutions
- Strategy and Planning
- Productivity Improvement
- Business Process Engineering
- Functional Effectiveness
- Change Management
- Human Capital Management
Information Assurance Solutions
- Systems Audit
- Controls Engineering
- Security Business Resumption Planning
- Quality Control
Solutions Through Technology
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Systems Integration Services
- Custom Software
- Packaged Software
- Work Group Technologies
- Technical Design and Infrastructure
And our consultants do more than consult. We help our clients design and implement improvements, making sure they stay focused on their goals. Once improvements are in place, we monitor their effectiveness, ensuring that they achieve breakpoint levels of business performance.
Financial Advisory Services
As advisors to shareholders, management, secured creditors and lawyers, we provide support and counsel, offering an objective approach to the investigation and resolution of your most complex business issues. Whatever the challenge, we can draw on our extensive project management and corporate finance skills to find the best solution for your organisation. Our service areas include:
- Business Valuations
- Corporate Finance
- Due Diligence
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Advisory Services
- Reconstruction and Recovery
- Insurance Investigations
- Forensic Services
Entrepreneurial Advisory Services
Entrepreneurs created 99% of the new businesses in Canada over the past decade. Small and medium-sized companies have sprung up all over the country. They are a major source of Canada's research and development effort. As the biggest creators of new jobs in the country, they also play a crucial role in Canada's growth and prosperity. That trend will only continue.
Entrepreneurs make personal sacrifices to create and manage their businesses. As business advisors, we believe they have the right to maintain and increase their personal wealth in the face of a hostile regulatory environment.
We've dedicated a service area to meet the needs of the entrepreneurial explosion. Our objective is to help our clients attain better results. We can help with business and tax planning, financing arrangements, and mergers and acquisitions. We can also help with franchising, international expansion, information systems, business process improvement and benchmarking.
If you are an entrepreneur interested in making the most of your business, make us your business partners. We can help you manage your business from start-up through every stage of business growth and beyond.
Human Resource Advisory
Your employees take care of your business. Let us help you take care of your employees.
Through Morneau PricewaterhouseCoopers, we provide employee benefit and actuarial consulting, as well as administration services, to businesses ranging from one- or two-employee shops right up to multinational corporations and government organisations. Our focus on efficiency, especially through extensive use of systems technology, allows us to provide the highest quality of service at the lowest possible cost. By ensuring that we never "re-invent the wheel", we're able to focus our efforts on real value-enhancing activities for our clients.
Morneau PricewaterhouseCoopers is a partnership that resulted from the merger in 1992 of the pension and employee communication consulting practices of W.F. Morneau & Associates Limited and Coopers & Lybrand. W.F. Morneau & Associates Limited, established in 1966, is the largest Canadian-owned employee benefit consulting firm, with offices from coast-to-coast. If you're considering a career in this field, you should know that Morneau PricewaterhouseCoopers has been growing vigorously over the past two decades. This growth provides opportunity for employees, ensuring that we attract and retain the best, and fosters a culture that is enthusiastic, focusing on new ways to add value to our clients.
With our standard-setting service, our 30 years of excellence, and our access to vast resources as a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International, Morneau PricewaterhouseCoopers is truly the first choice in employee benefits and pension consulting.