Malta has repeatedly made the news as one of the few countries that is actively supporting the regulation of cryptocurrencies and development of DLT's. In short, the vision is to create a digital economy. Malta is today moving swiftly towards becoming the Blockchain Island, supported by the recently set up Malta Digital Innovation Authority.
With legislation and regulation formally coming into force on the 1st of November 2018, Malta now sits atop the DLT ladder as the first jurisdiction to have actually designed an entire ecosystem for DLT.
KPMG Malta has hopped onto the front seat to assist businesses and related entities set up in Malta. We are poised to walk through Malta's DLT terrain, to seize the opportunities and to bring your blockchain innovations to life, as well as to provide ongoing advice and assistance on the new regulations coming into force within the Virtual Financial Assets (VFA) sector.
The KPMG Malta VFA Team
Regulatory advisory and assistance with Initial VFA Offerings and to VFA Services providers
- Assistance with, and reviews of, licencing application documentation required for submission to the Regulator under the scope of the Virtual Financial Assets Act
- Evaluation workshops aimed at assessing business models and related regulatory implications
- Reviews of business plans, financial models, white papers and related funding requirements
- Advice and assistance with ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Advisory and assistance with ensuring a good corporate governance, risk management and internal controls infrastructure
- Reviews of Financial Instrument Tests
- Training to Board of Directors and C-Suite cohort
- Advice and assistance with assessment of regulatory implications emanating from other jurisdictions in connection with VFAOs
KPMG's Global Cryptocurrency Framework
We work with VFA entities, large financial services organizations and exchanges to help integrate crypto into their businesses. Our cross-functional teams include, cyber security professionals, technology and operations professionals, smart contract developers, regulatory compliance professionals, tax professionals, accounting advisors and auditors.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.