In today’s highly competitive world, all institutions of higher education must engage in marketing, directly or indirectly. Institutional web pages, social media activities and traditional advertising and promotion must meet legal requirements. Our webinar on advertising and communications for institutions of higher education will address some of the more important laws regarding communications and marketing.
The 60-minute webinar will cover the following:
- The basics of commercial advertising, including the truthfulness requirement, how truthfulness is assessed and how advertising law ties to the first amendment
- Particular laws regarding marketing such as influencer/endorsement guidelines
- Use of graphics in ads and the increasing dangers of using Internet content
- Special internet laws on user-generated content
- Native advertising (use of content-rich advertorial content)
The live presentation of this webinar was approved for 1.0 hour general CLE credit in California and Illinois and 1.2 hours of general CLE credit in Missouri. if you are interested in receiving credit for watching the recorded presentation, please click here.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.