April is Autism Awareness Month. The range and severity of symptoms can vary widely for those with an autism diagnosis. Together we can create a kinder world that is mindful of all our unique attributes.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- About 1 in 54 children has been identified with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) according to estimates from CDC's Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network. [Read article]
- ASD is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups. [Read summary] [Read article]
- ASD is more than 4 times more common among boys than among girls. [Read article]
Learn more about autism and how you can help in the resource links below.
- [Autism Speaks] World Autism Month
- [Autism Society] Autism Acceptance Month
- [CDC] What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.