- International Tax Review: Leading Women in Tax Forum: Ropes & Gray is a sponsor of the ITR: Leading Women in Tax Forum on March 3 in New York, New York. Tax partner and tax controversy group co-founder Kat Gregor will speak on a panel on "Use of Dispute Resolution to Resolve Large, Complicated Corporate Tax Disputes," and tax controversy counsel Elizabeth Smith will moderate this panel. The panel will cover a range of topics, including advanced pricing agreements and the potential advantages of international compliance assurance program, the role of tax treaties in dispute resolutions, correcting for past non-compliance, including through the IRS' voluntary disclosure program and other amnesty programs.
- 48th Annual Conference of the USA Branch of the International Fiscal Association: During the IFA USA Annual Conference on February 27-28 in Boston, Massachusetts, tax partner David Saltzman will chair a life science panel, which will explore the evolving U.S. and global tax policy ecosystem impacting innovation in the life science industry. Additionally, tax associate Franziska Hertel will chair a cryptocurrency panel, which will address current tax developments for cryptocurrencies, including valuation and domestic and international tax considerations.
- The ASIL International Economic Law Interest Group Biennial Conference: Kat Gregor was a panelist on “Navigating the MLI: The New International Tax and Investment Landscape," and tax controversy associate Ellen Gilley presented a paper entitled "Multilateralism in a Bilateral World: Challenges for Implementing the PPT," during this conference on February 14-15 in Miami, Florida.
- The Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH Conference): Ellen Gilley presented on the implications of digitization in The Hague, Netherlands on December 11, 2019. Ropes & Gray also sponsored this conference.
- New England State and Local Tax Forum: Ropes & Gray was a sponsor of the 2019 New England State and Local Tax Forum on November 20, 2019 in Newton, Massachusetts.
- IBA Conference: The New Era of Taxation: What You Need to Know in a Constantly Changing World: Kat Gregor co-chaired a panel of leading experts on "Hot Topics in US Inbound and Outbound Investments" on November 7, 2019 in Toronto, Canada. The panel discussed the ongoing shifts in the global tax system and addressed possible planning approaches to this new landscape for businesses investing in or from the United States.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.