The Food and Drug Law Institute's 2019 Food Advertising, Labeling, and Litigation Conference for the Food and Dietary Supplement Industries will take place September 26 and 27 in Washington DC. This is always an excellent conference that showcases specialized expertise in this important area of regulation and litigation. Speakers always include key officials from relevant enforcement agencies such as the Federal Trade Commission, Food and Drug Administration, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, as well as experienced inside and outside counsel. Highlights are expected to include:
- Modernization of Food Claims, Nutrient Content Claims, and Health Claims
- Plant-Based Food Products, Clean Meat, and Cellular Agriculture
- Supply Chain Risk Considerations and Marketing Claims
- Standards of Identity
- Social Media Marketing
- Label Claims and Substantiation
- Litigation Trends
- Update on Nutrition Labeling
- General Counsel Roundtable
This year, for the first time, FDLI is soliciting conference session proposals from the food industry, legal and regulatory community. Submissions are being accepted now, through May 10. Click the "submit proposal" button on this page to suggest a topic.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.