On Wednesday, August 7, 2019, at 12 p.m. CT, Seyfarth attorneys will review the latest consumer class action law developments affecting companies that do business in California. It is no secret that resourceful plaintiff's attorneys target companies conducting business in California with expensive and time-consuming putative class actions alleging violations of federal or state consumer statutes. Specifically, Seyfarth attorneys will provide a summary of recent key decisions, identify trends for companies to watch for in 2019 and beyond, and provide practical "best practices" and risk management advice for the future. This webinar will provide insight on the following areas:
- Latest TCPA decisions and trends
- Eavesdropper and call recording claims under CIPA
- Recent developments in privacy/data breach
- False advertising based on pricing and Made in America claims
- Latest developments concerning arbitration and class waivers
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.