Below is the Federal Policy team's weekly preview, posted when Congress is in session.
- Congress returns from Thanksgiving break with a full agenda, including working toward a funding bill to keep the government open beyond Dec. 20.
- The House's impeachment inquiry into President Trump enters a new phase as public hearings move to the Judiciary Committee.
- Trump begins his week traveling to London for a meeting of NATO heads of state.
- The House is in session Tuesday through Friday. The floor agenda is highlighted by bipartisan legislation targeting robocalls.
- The Judiciary Committee on Wednesday will hold its first public hearing on impeachment.
- The House Oversight Economic and Consumer Policy Subcommittee on Wednesday will hold a hearing on the regulation of vaping and flavored tobacco products.
- The full list of this week's House committee activity can be found here.
- The Senate will continue voting on Trump's nominees, including Dan Brouillette to be Energy Secretary.
- The Senate Commerce Committee on Wednesday will hold a hearing on consumer data privacy.
- The Senate Banking Committee on Thursday will hold a hearing on financial regulatory oversight with witnesses from the Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and National Credit Union Administration.
- The current list of Senate committee activity can be found here.
- President Trump is on his way to London, where he will meet with NATO leaders through Wednesday.
- Trump's schedule includes meetings with the leaders of France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Italy and Poland.
- Trump on Thursday will participate in the 97th annual National Christmas Tree Lighting outside the White House.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.