When is the last time you reviewed your lockout/tagout procedures? Just a reminder below of some of the basics for Lockout/tagout procedures.
- Develop procedures for the control of potentially hazardous energy.
- Document those procedures.
- Train employees on the procedures, including the purpose and function of the procedures.
- Not only train but confirm the employees understand the purpose and function of the procedures.
- Train employees on the skills required for safe application, usage, and removal of energy control procedures.
- Put the procedures in place and utilize them.
- Periodically inspect the procedures to confirm the procedures are appropriate and being followed.
- Retrain when appropriate.
- Maintain certification of employee training.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.