Morrison and Foerster partner James Koukios breaks down the https://www.mofo.com/resources/insights/191216-anti-corruption-developments.html Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for November 2019 in this episode. Highlights include:
- The Lambert guilty verdict. Can you have a guilty verdict for conspiracy without a conviction of the underlying offense?
- Revisions to the FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy.
- Indictment of former CEO of Brazilian Chemical Company for FCPA and Money Laundering Offenses. Is this an outlier or will it become more prevalent?
- SEC Whistleblower numbers. What do these numbers mean for Chairman Clayton's attempts to cut back on the size of whistleblower awards?
- Miami Investment Firm Executive Pleads Guilty in $1.2 Billion Venezuelan Money Laundering Scheme.
Listen to the episode here.
Because of the generality of this update, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.
© Morrison & Foerster LLP. All rights reserved