The British government recently announced that it will deliver more than 10,500 temporary visas to lorry drivers and poultry workers to help ease supply chain issues in the lead-up to Christmas. The additional visas are expected to form part of the T5 Seasonal Worker scheme.

Under the T5 Scheme, companies and organisations will generally need a sponsor licence to employ someone to work for them from outside the UK. This includes citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.