Welcome to Tax update, which provides a round-up and explanation of the latest tax issues.
1 General news
- Launch of online service for appeals to FTT
- OECD launches facility to disclose Common Reporting Standard avoidance schemes
2 Private client
- Tax avoidance scheme – capital allowances and interest relief
- Capital gains tax – computation of gain on disposal of properties
3 Trusts, estates and IHT
- FTT rules against the taxpayer on place of management and control
- Privacy threat from public trust registers
4 PAYE and employment
- Pension schemes SRIT newsletter
5 Business tax
- CFE Opinion Statement on Dispute Resolution
- Country-by-Country reporting
- European Parliament to vote on level playing field for printed books and e-books
- Can a reduced VAT rate apply to one element of a larger single supply?
- VAT exemption and educational establishments
7 And finally
We have taken care to ensure the accuracy of this publication, which is based on material in the public domain at the time of issue. However, the publication is written in general terms for information purposes only and in no way constitutes specific advice. You are strongly recommended to seek specific advice before taking any action in relation to the matters referred to in this publication. No responsibility can be taken for any errors contained in the publication or for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication or its contents. © Smith & Williamson Holdings Limited 2017.