In this week's Tax Update, an important ruling against an employer in an IR35 case and HMRC updates its 'off-payroll' working in the payroll sector'. Plus, the EC statement on Amazon and on Ireland, over Apple.
In this week's Tax Update:
- EU adopts new tax resolution dispute service
- Further OTS action on capital allowances
- OCED publishes comments on Permanent Establishment Status and Transfer Pricing
- EC statement on Amazon and on Ireland over Apple
- Did HMRC issue an amendment or a discovery assessment
- Interest payments for overpaid VAT
- Input VAT on legal services to director
- Opting to tax land and buildings - HMRC acknowledgement
PAYE and employment
- Non-employee liable for primary and secondary class 1 NICs in IR35 case
- HMRC updates off-payroll working through an intermediary
Plus, personal taxes, IHT updates and the Irish budget.
We have taken care to ensure the accuracy of this publication, which is based on material in the public domain at the time of issue. However, the publication is written in general terms for information purposes only and in no way constitutes specific advice. You are strongly recommended to seek specific advice before taking any action in relation to the matters referred to in this publication. No responsibility can be taken for any errors contained in the publication or for any loss arising from action taken or refrained from on the basis of this publication or its contents. © Smith & Williamson Holdings Limited 2017.