In this edition:
- Collateral warranty fails Housing Grants Act "construction contract" test and sinks adjudication award
- Court turns down penalty claim, as liquidated damages clause passes the Makdessi test
- If liquidated damages are a penalty, can more be recovered as unliquidated damages?
- Government works towards ending EWS1 forms on buildings below 18 metres
- Consultation on building safety levy
- New fire safety planning gateway one in force
- Government Building Beautiful Places plan and revised National Planning Policy Framework
- NEC and CLC guidance on dealing with the effects of COVID-19 under NEC3/4 Contracts
- CIC publish novation agreement - switch, and associated collateral warranty
Visit us at mayerbrown.com
Mayer Brown is a global legal services provider comprising legal practices that are separate entities (the "Mayer Brown Practices"). The Mayer Brown Practices are: Mayer Brown LLP and Mayer Brown Europe - Brussels LLP, both limited liability partnerships established in Illinois USA; Mayer Brown International LLP, a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales (authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and registered in England and Wales number OC 303359); Mayer Brown, a SELAS established in France; Mayer Brown JSM, a Hong Kong partnership and its associated entities in Asia; and Tauil & Chequer Advogados, a Brazilian law partnership with which Mayer Brown is associated. "Mayer Brown" and the Mayer Brown logo are the trademarks of the Mayer Brown Practices in their respective jurisdictions.
© Copyright 2021. The Mayer Brown Practices. All rights reserved.
This Mayer Brown article provides information and comments on legal issues and developments of interest. The foregoing is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered and is not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed herein.