The formal consultation on the Westminster City Plan 2019 – 2040 is now open.
Westminster City Council are seeking your views on its revised City Plan to make Westminster one of the best places to live, work and play. Once adopted, it will become the local plan for Westminster, replacing all current policies in the existing City Plan and all saved policies in the Unitary Development Plan.
The revised City Plan seeks to address the following:
- Increasing the provision of housing;
- Increasing investment in the West End, Paddington and Victoria;
- Delivery of major infrastructure schemes;
- Improving air quality by improving green spaces and encouraging healthier, greener transport choices;
- Putting enhanced measures in place to protect special policy areas such as Soho, Harley Street and Mayfair.
Landlords with existing properties and developments in Westminster, or those looking to invest in this area, may be interested in having their say.
Access the consultation here.
The consultation closes at 5pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.