In this edition of Pensions Ombudsman Round-Up we look at some determinations from May 2019 which cover the following issues:
- changing the index used to calculate pension increases;
- recovery of overpayments; and
- ill health early retirement.
We also report on the publication of:
- the Pensions Ombudsman's Annual Report and Accounts 2018/19;
- the response to a consultation about dispute resolution; and
- a Tailored Review of the Pensions Ombudsman.
In the statistics section we provide information on the outcomes of complaints and the range of awards made for distress and inconvenience.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.