In this episode, Cetinkaya team member Atakan Gungordu discusses Business & Human Rights highlighting current international and Turkish considerations with Head of Communications, Kevin Byrne.
Speaker : Atakan Gungordu
In this episode we discuss:
- What are the international legal trends to hold businesses accountable for their human rights impact
- What are the obligations of businesses in relation to human rights law
- Why should businesses comply with international human rights standards
- Why should businesses be aware of their human rights risks
- What are the UN Guiding Principles
- What is the significance of the UN Guiding Principles
- What are the implications of UN Guiding Principles on businesses operating in Turkey
- What is human rights due diligence
- How can businesses provide remedies for their adverse human rights impact
- What are the costs of not complying with human rights for businesses
- What are the benefits of voluntary compliance with human rights standards for businesses
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.