- New minimum wages apply nationwide for foreign work permit holders
- The new gross monthly minimum wage is US $484.09 (3,577.50 Turkish lira)
- The new net monthly minimum wage is US $382.27 (2,825.00 Turkish lira)
- Minimum salary levels apply through December 31, 2021
- Foreign workers must be paid at a level commensurate with their position
The Turkish government has issued new minimum wage requirements for foreign work permit holders.
What are the Changes?
Minimum wages have increased nationwide.
In 2021, the gross minimum monthly wage in Turkey is US $484.09, or 3,577.50 Turkish lira. The new net monthly wage is US $382.27, or 2,825.00 Turkish lira.
What Should Employers and Applicants Know?
The new minimum wages apply through December 31, 2021. Foreign workers must be paid at a salary level commensurate with their position.
Originally published 15 January 2021
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.