Measures are being taken to protect citizens from the epidemic of Coronavirus (Covid-19) which started in Wuhan, China, and continues to threaten the whole world and is described as a pandemic by the World Health Organization in stages of Republic of Turkey Ministries, Directorates and Relevant Public Institutions.
II. Following the coronavirus meeting held in the Presidential Complex under the chairmanship of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan with the participation of ministers and related institutions, the 11-Item Circular containing the "coronavirus measures" was prepared by the Minister of Environment and Urbanization. In the Circular, which stated that effective and protective measures were taken with all institutions of the country against coronavirus, it was emphasized that some measures should be taken and resolutely implemented by local administrations as well as personal measures in the fight against disease.
- According to the circular of 81 provincial governorships, all public transportation vehicles, stops and stations of local governments will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals, as determined by the Ministry of Health Science Board.
- The areas where the public is located (street, street, square, boulevard, market place) will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals as determined by the Scientific Committee.
- Disinfectants will be placed in places where the human circulation is intense and buildings (service buildings, metro and bus stations) and public transportation vehicles that are easily accessible to the public.
- In public places of rest and recreation, the controls against the spread of the disease will be tightened and additional measures will be taken if necessary.
- Surface cleaning, ventilation and disinfection of service buildings and outbuildings will be provided as determined by the Scientific Committee. Demands from other public institutions and organizations, places of worship and schools will be met.
- Local government personnel will not be sent abroad unless they are urgent and compulsory.
- Garbage will be collected more frequently and regularly, and garbage collection vehicle and personnel capacity will be kept sufficient. Necessary measures will be taken in garbage storage and disposal facilities.
- Citizens will be raised in the fight against illness with billboards, posters, posters, mobile applications, digital media, social media.
- Local government personnel will not be sent abroad unless it is urgent and mandatory. The personnel returning from abroad will be monitored within the framework of the criteria determined by the Scientific Committee and will be kept away from the public areas.
- If needed, vehicle, equipment and equipment requests will be reported to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
- The instructions to be conveyed by the governorships within the scope of the struggle will be fulfilled quickly and meticulously.
III. Information on the Circulars issued by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Health and Transport and Ministry of Infrastructure are as follows:
a) Ministry of Interior Circular to 81 Provincial Governorships and Border Administration Civil Authorities dated 13.03.2020
In the Circular, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic spread rapidly in some European countries, especially in Italy, causing serious loss of life and the centre of the epidemic shifting towards Europe. It is stated that the following measures have become mandatory for Germany, Spain, France, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- stopped through all border gates.
- The citizens of the abandoned country and the citizens of the third countries in these countries within the last 14 days will not be admitted to our country as of March 14, 2010 at 08:00.
- Citizens of countries identified & will not be any restrictions on exit from Turkey.
- Travels to these countries' citizens of the Turkish Republic was stopped temporarily.
- As per previous China, Iran, Iraq, South Korea and Italy practices, as per previous countries, according to the procedures and principles set by the Ministry of Health; inspection, control, 14-day surveillance and quarantine operations will be made if necessary.
b) Ministry of Interior Additional Circular to 81 Provincial Governorships and Border Administration Civil Authorities dated 15.03.2020
- In the Circular, in the evaluations made with the Ministry of Health in order to protect the citizens from the Coronavirus (Covid-19) epidemic and prevent the spread of the epidemic; it was stated that the pavilions, discotheques, bars, night clubs of the Public Rest and Entertainment Places will be temporarily stopped as of March 16, 10:00.
- It was also requested by the governor / district governors to take the necessary measures immediately in cooperation with the provincial / district municipalities in accordance with the provisions of the Law, and to prevent any problems in implementation by following the issue by law enforcement units.
c) Ministry of Interior Additional Circular to 81 Provincial Governorships and Border Administration Civil Authorities dated 16.03.2020
- In the Circular, as a result of the evaluations made with the Ministry of Health; from Public Rest and Entertainment Places; theatre, cinema, show centre, concert hall, engagement / wedding hall, restaurant / café with music / music, casinos, pub, tavern, coffee shop, café, cafeteria, country garden, hookah lounge, hookah cafe, internet lounge, internet cafe, each activities of all kinds of game halls (arcade, PlayStation etc.), all kinds of indoor playgrounds (including shopping malls and restaurants), tea garden, association lounges, amusement park, swimming pool, Turkish bath, sauna, spa, massage parlours, SPA and sports centres will be temporarily suspended from 16:00 on Monday, 16.03.2020.
- All meetings and activities of NGOs (Associations, foundations) and NGOs that bring people together, including trainings (excluding management activities requiring enforcement), temporarily starting from 24:00 on Monday, 16.03.2020 will be postponed.
- The activities of "Condolence Houses", where the citizens are gathered together, will be stopped starting from 16:00 on Monday, 16.03.2020.
d) The Circular No. 2020/2 of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, General Directorate of Maritime Affairs regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Measures, has been published with the letter No. 19370 dated 16.03.2020. In summary in the Circular;
- It has been regulated that the notifications to be made at least 24 hours before entering the port area must be made 48 hours before the Port Single Window System.
- Using the last 10 port information included in the ship arrival notification, it was determined that the ports frequented by the ship in the last 14 days should be determined.
- It has been regulated that the pre-survey inspections applied to the Turkish Flagged ships on a monthly and quarterly basis should be performed on a 2-month and 4-month period.
- It was regulated that the Port State Inspection rate on foreign flagged ships should be applied as 15% until 3 months from the date of writing.
- It was regulated that the documents / certificates declared by their agencies should not be archived by the Port Presidencies, but should be kept in the agency offices during the entry and exit operations of the coastal facilities and shipyards made through the Port Single Window system of ships.
e) Current News Are as Follows Based on Sectoral
- Tourism: Due to the outbreak of the tourist season began booking acceptance in Turkey in March was postponed to late April. The Tourism Advisory Board requested an action plan from the Ministry. Meeting with the Minister of Tourism, the board conveyed requests such as the provision of loans from Eximbank and other banks under suitable conditions, and the postponement of the existing loan instalments by the end of the year, as well as the postponement of payments such as SSI, VAT, and concise.
- Schools are on holiday; sports events will be played without spectators.
- Fairs Postponed: According to the announcement of the Ministry of Trade; One of the fairs in the 2020 fair calendar, March 16-April 30 period, all national and international trade fairs scheduled to be held in Turkey, has been postponed to the period after May 1, 2020.
- Circuit Breaker Decision from Borsa İstanbul: The circuit breaker triggering rate, which has been applied as 5% up and down as of March 13, has been lifted upwards until a second announcement. 5% circuit breaker triggering ratio will continue to be applied downstream in the relevant queues.
- Requirements for Mask Export: Exports of protective masks, overalls, gowns, goggles, surgical masks and medical gloves due to the Corona virus outbreak were tied to the foreground. Those without permission will not be able to sell these goods abroad.
- Petrol and Etenol Mixing Prohibited: The Ministry of Industry and Technology requested the Energy Market Regulatory Board (EMRA) to meet the increasing disinfectant and cologne needs. Evaluating the demand, EMRA suspended obligations regarding blending ethanol into gasoline types until June 13. Ethanol will be used in cologne and disinfectant production.
- Call for Pensioners 'Do Not Go To Banks': According to information received from the Banks Association of Turkey resources, pensioners, instead of going to promotional operations of bank branches Internet banking, mobile banking, call centers, capable ATMs and 7 days of SMS channels on a 24 hour basis.
- Some Banks Announced Measures: Some banks have increased their anti-virus measures. The daily withdrawal limit was increased from the ATM. Warnings were made to use the digital channels of the banks. Fees from the use of other bank ATMs have been removed.
- President Erdoğan Will Make an Explanation: Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak spoke of Turkey's corona social media accounts about the measures taken against the virus. Albayrak Turkey's more than ready for a possible global turbulence and cautious than ever specifying that, the steps to be taken on the issue will be announced this week by President Erdogan conveyed.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.