We are extremely proud to announce that BSA Al Rashdi and Al Barwani has won Law Firm of the Year – Oman at the recent Oath Legal Awards ceremony, hosted in Dubai, UAE.
When awarding BSA, the judges took into consideration our impressive flagship deals from the past 12 months, including the following:
- Acted on behalf of Halliburton Worldwide Limited for the recovery of USD 10 Million in arbitration proceedings initiated pursuant to an integrated drilling contract, and defending concurrent counter claims of USD 16 Million;
- Representing Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited for the recovery of USD 18 million in arbitration proceedings initiated under an EPC Contract awarded to it by an Omani government administrative unit;
- Advising Maisarah (Bank Dhofar Islamic Window) on restructuring of a finance facility in an amount of USD 96 million provided to Tilal Development Company SAOC; and
- Advising various Fisheries Development Oman (FDO) subsidiaries on their debt raising endeavors, specifically, Oriental Shrimp Aquacultural Company LLC in obtaining a USD 22 million facility under Diminishing Musharaka from Sohar Islamic Bank, and Blue Waters LLC in procuring a Murabaha facility in an amount of USD 9 million from Alizz Islamic Bank.
This win is a testament to the hard work of our team and our dedication to our clients, during a particularly difficult year.
We are delighted to have received the award for 'Oman
Law Firm of the Year' at the Oath Awards. I believe this is a
logical culmination of all the hard work and collective efforts of
the Oman team, not only over the last year but over a sustained
period of time, which has enabled us to provide real value on the
mandates we have served. The award is an acknowledgment of our
position as a market leading firm in Oman and an
inevitable result of the faith and trust that our clients and
well-wishers have reposed in us."
– Arsalan Tariq, Partner, Oman
"While it has truly been a tough year not only for us
but the world at large, in line with our philosophy at BSA, we have
seen this as an opportunity to show our true mettle. It is this
resolve and commitment which has seen us through various challenges
and ensured that we have ended up on the right side of the deals
and disputes we have been engaged in. I would like to thank the
Oath Awards for this recognition, for which we are glad and
– Mundhir Albarwani, Partner, Oman
From our hub in Muscat, we advise our clients on corporate-commercial and M&A, regulatory & compliance, banking & finance, projects & infrastructure and dispute resolution & arbitration/litigation matters. We have continued to see significant growth across many areas including personnel and client base. The relocation and promotion to Partner of Arsalan Tariq, with the aim to grow the corporate practice, has provided a significant boost to our Muscat based team.