Kirkland & Ellis won the following six awards at the 2019 Private Equity International (PEI) Awards:
- Law firm of the year (Fund Formation) in North America
- Law firm of the year (Transactions) in EMEA
- Law firm of the year (Transactions) in Asia
- Secondaries law firm of the year in Europe
- Secondaries law firm of the year in the Americas
- Secondaries law firm of the year in Asia
The annual PEI awards "showcase the firms that have, in the eyes of their peers, set the benchmark during the year." Award winners are determined by votes of readers of Private Equity International and subscribers of PrivateEquityOnline.com.
Michael Belsley, Kirkland partner and global head of Kirkland's secondaries market practice, said, "As a firm, Kirkland views itself as one of the thought leaders in the secondaries market. Our secondaries practice continued to grow and evolve on a global basis alongside our clients during this prior year, including in both traditional portfolio sales as well as innovative GP-led fund recapitalizations and liquidity transactions."