- Larry Weinberg attended the International Franchise Association (IFA) Supplier Forum Board meetings in Washington, DC on September 9-11, 2019.
- Larry Weinberg and Carly Cohen spoke at the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Franchise Law Day on September 26, 2019, in Toronto, Ontario. Noah Leszcz also moderated a roundtable at this event on "Implementing System Changes in the 21st Century: New Software and Technologies."
- Frank Robinson moderated a panel at the CFA National Convention in Toronto on October 6, 2019, on "How to Franchise Your Business Seminar." Noah Leszcz also spoke on "The Legal Aspects of Buying a Franchise."
- Larry Weinberg spoke at the annual American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Franchising in Denver, Colorado from October 16-18, 2019, on "International Franchise Expansion: The 'Toe in the Water' Approach." Frank Robinson also spoke on "Further Abroad: Beyond the Fundamentals of International Franchising."
- Larry Weinberg spoke at the Canadian Restaurant Leadership Summit in Toronto, Ontario on November 4-5, 2019, on "Ignite Through Transformation – Straight Talk: The Foodservice Legal Landscape." Cassels was a sponsor of this event.
- Chris Horkins spoke at the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) winter dinner event in Toronto, Ontario on November 19, 2019, on "Franchise Law 20/20: Strategies to Manage and Proposals to Improve the Arthur Wishart Act."
- Carly Cohen co-chaired the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Institute Franchise Section seminar in Toronto, Ontario on February 5, 2020, on "What You Need to Know about the Arthur Wishart Act (Franchise Disclosure)." Noah Leszcz also spoke at this event on "The Accidental Franchise."
- Derek Ronde and Kate Byers delivered a CFA webinar on February 5, 2020, on "The Great Escape – A Deep Dive into Franchise Disclosure Exemptions." A link to the webinar can be found here.
- Larry Weinberg is scheduled to present the annual legal update at the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Annual Convention in Montreal, Quebec on April 5-7, 2020. Frank Robinson is also scheduled to speak on "Making the Most of the Relationship Between Franchisor and Legal Counsel."
- Larry Weinberg is scheduled to speak at the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Annual Franchise Law Conference in Toronto, Ontario on April 20, 2020, on "Hot Competition Law Issues in Franchising: No Poaching Provisions and Dual Distribution Models." Geoff Shaw is also speaking on "Beyond Rescission: Key Litigation Issues in Franchise Relationships."
- Geoff Shaw is acting as panel coordinator at the International Franchise Association (IFA) Legal Symposium in Washington, DC on May 3-5, 2020, on "An A to Z Update on the Arbitration of International Franchise Disputes – What's New!"
- Larry Weinberg is chairing the CFA "Growth & Exit Strategies" Conference in Toronto on May 13, 2020.