Seyfarth lawyers Joan Kupersmith Larkin, Bart Lazar, Edward Maluf, Lisa Meyerhoff, Jay Myers, Julia Sutherland, and Ken Wilton were recognized in the 2020 edition of World Trademark Review 1000 - The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, a resource that highlights top legal talent in the trademark industry. In addition, the firm's California, New York, and Atlanta offices were ranked in the 2020 WTR.
Highlights from WTR rankings include:
- Backed by the resources of one of the nation's premier law firms, Seyfarth's IP team represents a diverse roster of clients, from Fortune 500 and multinational corporations to fast-growing start-ups.
- Joan Kupersmith Larkin partners with clients to create and manage trademark registration and enforcement programmes that are realistic, legally sound and cost-effective. She works with clients at all levels and is as hands-on as needed.
- Bart A Lazar is a strategic problem solver who has more than three decades of experience in counselling clients in trademark creation, clearance, commercialisation and disputes, data privacy and security, copyright, advertising, promotion, right of publicity and related matters.
- Edward Maluf is the co-chair of the firm's national IP practice group and co-lead of the firm's false advertising and product labelling and warnings practice group. Mr Maluf is an IP litigator, prosecutor and counsellor. He assists clients with a diverse array of engagements including obtaining, enforcing and defending their IP rights.
- Lisa H Meyerhoff is a partner in Seyfarth's Houston office. Her practice focuses on litigation and client counselling, as well as domestic and international IP disputes. She regularly handles IP enforcement matters, including anti-counterfeiting/piracy, trademark and trade dress infringement.
- Joseph V Myers III is a trademark partner in Seyfarth's Atlanta office and director of innovation for the IP practice group. Mr Myers manages teams of legal, technology, docketing and administrative personnel, foreign counsel and IP service vendors in the management of large international trademark portfolios.
- Julia K Sutherland's practice focuses on the management and enforcement of large international trademark portfolios, including the development of global brand strategy, prosecution and maintenance, searching and clearance, watching and policing, licensing and distribution, domain name, social media and other internet issues, and the management of all types of litigation, opposition, cancellation and other adverse proceedings in the United States and internationally.
- Kenneth L Wilton is the national chair of Seyfarth Shaw's trademark practice and a partner in the firm's Los Angeles office. Working with a variety of clients in the pharmaceutical, consumer product and alcoholic beverage spaces, Mr Wilton's practice focuses primarily on trademark, false advertising, copyright and right of publicity counselling and litigation.
You can view the full list of rankings here.