|February 27, 2020||Cooper Grace Ward||T - +61 7 3231 2400|
|Lunch: 12.00pm||Level 21, 400 George Streetfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Start: 12.30pm||Brisbane, Qld, 4000|
We invite you to join our first quarterly Workplace Relations & Safety HR forum presented by partner Belinda Winter.
From professional services and the retail sector to agriculture and hospitality, it seems that no industry is immune from 'wage theft'. With criminal sanctions and other reforms on the horizon, now is the time to understand how to conduct an effective wage audit and the key steps you must take to minimise the risks and manage the fallout.
This session will examine:
- understanding how wage theft can arise
- tips for conducting an effective wage audit
- reviewing operations and implementing changes to ensure compliance
- best practice strategies to consider if a suspected breach has occurred
- future reforms on the horizon – what they will mean for employers
- tips to minimise exposure to 'wage theft' litigation
- lessons from recent cases involving underpayments.