Walkers is pleased to announce that it has retained its top tier ranking for 'Offshore' legal services in the 2020 Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific guide. The commentary includes:
"The firm is described by clients as 'a top-class firm,' while another source comments that they are 'stellar,' adding: 'They are dedicated and responsive. We use Walkers when we know that issues are not straightforward, and can rely on them to understand the complexities of the transaction and also give good, considered advice'."
Walkers also received a jurisdiction-leading nine lawyer rankings, four more rankings than the next Asia-based offshore law firm.
Walkers' Singapore managing partner John Rogers commented: "I am delighted to see that the hard work performed by our practices across the Asian region has been recognised by this leading legal directory."
Hong Kong managing partner Andy Randall said: "We are pleased to see further independent feedback that confirms our position at the very top of the Asia market for offshore legal advice."
- Andy Randall heads the Hong Kong office as managing partner. He has extensive knowledge of handling a wide range of offshore capital markets work, including securitisation, secured note programmes and derivatives matters.
- Denise Wong is a well-known practitioner based in Hong Kong, and is described by one client as a "very responsive and knowledgeable lawyer." She advises on all aspects of hedge funds and private equity funds as well as handling M&A and capital markets transactions.
- James Gaden is praised by one client as an "extremely respected lawyer" with a "stellar reputation in the Japanese financial community." He has extensive experience of advising the investment funds industry on fund formation and structuring as well as investment work.
- John Rogers is highly reputed in the market as a "very confident, senior lawyer" who heads the firm's finance and corporate team. Managing partner of the Singapore office, he has a wealth of experience in finance and corporate transactions.
- Kristen Kwok is a Hong Kong-based practitioner who is gaining increasing recognition in the market. She specialises in advising major financial institutions on asset finance, capital markets and structured finance.
- Laura Rogers is based in Singapore and specialises in private equity, hedge funds, joint ventures and general corporate advice. She is recognised by an interviewee as a "proactive and commercial lawyer," and they add: "It is an absolute joy to work with her."
- Singapore-based Thomas Granger has experience of handling hedge funds and private equity transactions and advises clients on public and private offerings in Japan. He also offers fund formation and general corporate advice to investment managers. Commentators find him "well regarded" and consider him "one of the top names for Japan work."
- Timothy Haynes heads the firm's restructuring team and is heralded by interviewees as "a good operator who is active in the market." He has a focus on commercial litigation and insolvency matters under Hong Kong and Cayman Islands law.
- Hong Kong finance partner Paul Aherne is also ranked as a recognised practitioner.