On Wednesday, September 18, 1-2:30PM ET, MoFo partner Damien Specht and associate Ali Young will present a Clear Law Institute webinar titled "Navigating Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Opportunities."
The Federal Government gives many opportunities to small businesses, granting them more than $100 billion in contracts each year, and prime contractors contributing billions more in small business subcontracting dollars. However, small (and large) contractors continue to struggle to understand the ever-changing regulations surrounding these contracts.
In this webinar, Damien and Ali will cover eligibility requirements for federal small business programs and strategies to avoid common pitfalls.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe how the SBA determines if a business is "small"
- Outline basic eligibility requirements for the 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran Owned ("SDVOSB"), Women-Owned Small Business ("WOSB"), and Historically Underutilized Business Zones ("HUBZone") programs
- Recognize and plan how to avoid common eligibility pitfalls related to affiliation, ownership, and control
- Address best practices in small business subcontracting
- Describe the process for participating in the Mentor Protégé Programs and identify opportunities using that program
Register for the webinar here.