Toronto (August 21, 2019) — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) has had more lawyers recognized in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® than any other law firm. This marks the 12th straight year the firm has proudly held this position. In total, 264 BLG lawyers are recognized by their peers in the guide, highlighting the firm's national expertise.
This year's guide also singled out nine BLG lawyers as "Lawyer of the Year" in their respective practice areas and cities:
- Brad Dixon – Vancouver, Class Action Litigation
- Fred Pletcher – Vancouver, Corporate Governance Practice
- Magnus Verbrugge – Vancouver, Banking and Finance Law
- Patrick Foy – Vancouver, Appellate Practice
- Rick Williams – Vancouver, Oil & Gas Law
- Frank Foran – Calgary, International Arbitration
- Ruth Spetz – Calgary, Trusts and Estates
- J. Pitman Patterson – Toronto, Expropriation Law
- Victoria Prince – Toronto, Charities/Non-Profit Law
Best Lawyers® has published its list for over three decades, with the first international list published in 2006. Since then, it has grown to provide lists in over 65 countries. Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in Canada® list are divided by geographic region and practice area. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
The firm's Construction Group was named "Law Firm of the Year" in Construction Law while the Public Policy and Government Relations Group has been selected as "Law Firm of the Year" for Administrative and Public Law.
View a complete list of BLG lawyers recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada®.