Please join the Harvard Health Trends Shared Interest Group (SIG) and the Holland & Knight Healthcare & Life Sciences Industry Sector Group for a lunch and learn event on July 18. Shannon Hartsfield – a nationally recognized thought leader in healthcare issues and past chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) Health Law Section's eHealth, Privacy & Security Interest Group – will present via videoconference on the fundamentals of the federal privacy and security regulations implementing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and its amendments.
Topics covered will include the following, plus time for Q&A:
- organizations and individuals who may be subject to the law
- important obligations for covered entities and business associates
- avoiding sticky issues and compliance pitfalls
- what you should know as a patient/consumer of healthcare services
- what you should do to safeguard your information and how to determine the right balance between convenience and security
For those attending in person, lunch will be provided during the webinar.
Agenda: Thursday, July 18, 2019
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CT | In Person Networking
12:00 – 1:30 p.m. CT | Live Webinar