In honor of Pride Month, MoFo planned a number of events designed to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community. Throughout the month of June, the firm is featuring a Q&A series with attorneys on what Pride Month means to them on the MoFo+ Blog and our social media channels.
MoFo has also reserved a suite for the Stonewall 50 WorldPride concert in New York City for members of our LGBTQ+ affinity groups and is hosting a variety of panel discussions and presentations, such as a conversation with current co-owner of the Stonewall Inn, and organizer of NYC Pride and WorldPride, Stacy Lentz.
Pride Events Include:
- May 23: The Boston office sponsored a table at the LGBTQ+ dinner for the Massachusetts Bar Association
- June 6: Board Fit Workshop in San Francisco – MoFo hosted Out Leadership's Quorum and KPMG's Board Leadership Center, a program for experienced LGBTQ+ senior executives interested in joining corporate boards
- June 8: San Francisco LGBTQ+ affinity group members attended the Pride Law Fund annual bay cruise (http://www.pridelawfund.org/annual-bay-cruise).
- June 12: Stacy Lentz, current owner of Stonewall Inn and organizer of NYC Pride and WorldPride, visited our New York office; the presentation was also streamed to other domestic offices
- June 13: The New York LGBTQ+ Group invited the summers to attend "BenDeLaCreme Is...Ready to Be Committed" at The Laurie Beechman Theatre
- June 17: Jim Van Buskirk, a San Francisco historian, presented "San Francisco: Chronicling the Century Before Stonewall"
- June 18: MoFo San Francisco is hosting a presentation by LGBT Asylum Project Executive Director Okan Sengun (the organization will be the beneficiary of a raffle and the MoFo Foundation will match up to $5,000 of funds collected); San Francisco Office, Town Hall, 12 p.m. PDT
- June 19: Litigation Associates Adam Brauner and Matt Malone are joining Lambda Legal's Peter Renn in a discussion about writs granted by The Supreme Court to hear three cases regarding whether current federal law protects LGBTQ+ employees from termination due to their sexual orientation or gender identity; the presentation will be streamed from San Francisco to other domestic offices
- June 26: Stonewall 50 WorldPride NYC Brooklyn Show; MoFo reserved a suite for the Stonewall 50 WorldPride concert in New York City for members of our LGBTQ+ affinity groups
- June 26: MoFo Palo Alto is hosting a lunch presentation on "Diversity in Action - What Pride Means to Us." Chief operating officer of Silicon Valley Pride Nicole Altamirano and president of the Billy deFrank LGBTQ+ Community Center Gabrielle Antolovich will be discussing why it's important to celebrate Pride and the many challenges the LGBTQ+ community still faces
- June 27: San Francisco Office Pride Happy Hour – raffle winners will be announced for prizes such as Beats headphones, Giants tickets, tickets to see Patti LuPone with the San Francisco Symphony, and tickets to the upcoming Elton John biopic "Rocketman"
- June 30: Breakfast for MoFo San Francisco employees and BALIF members from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. before the 2019 Pride Parade
Read more about the firm's diversity and inclusion efforts and our commitment to LGBTQ+ equality.