We wish to invite you to our next training workshop on Native title, land rights and Aboriginal cultural heritage training.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
- This training workshop will be aimed at Council staff who have responsibility for:
- property dealings in Crown land
- engineering and planning staff involved in the delivery of infrastructure and services
- managers of work crews undertaking road works and services
- native title managers
- other staff who may be dealing with Indigenous issues within Council.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE TRAINING WORKSHOP?
- how is native title recognised under the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth)?
- stages of a native title claims/roles and responsibilities of parties
- joinder of interested parties
- exclusive and non-exclusive native title
- the Crown Land Management Act/role of the Native Title Manager
- native title claims in NSW
- Councils' interests in the claims process
- when does native title exist and when has it been extinguished?
- native title compliance for Council land dealings and infrastructure
- indigenous land use agreements
- native title compensation/implications for Councils.
- what is a land claim under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (NSW) and how is it different from native title?
- responding to a land claim
- what are the consequences of a land claim being successful?
Aboriginal Cultural Heritage
- what is Aboriginal cultural heritage?
- what are the current protections for Aboriginal cultural heritage?
- what are the proposed changes relating to the protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage?
- addressing Aboriginal cultural heritage in the context of a rezoning and a development application
- lessons learnt from the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act 2003 (Qld).
Please see full training workshop details below and click the RSVP button to register.
We hope to see you there.
Native title, land rights and Aboriginal cultural heritage training workshop
Thursday, 15 August 2019
Catering is provided throughout the workshop.
|9:15 am||Registration is open|
|9:30 am||Training workshop commences|
|3:30 pm||Training workshop concludes|
Level 65, MLC Centre
19 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000