Toronto (June 11, 2019) — BLG congratulates the finalists and winners of the 2019 Canadian General Counsel Awards. The firm is proud to be a long-time sponsor of the Lifetime Achievement Award, now the BLG Stephen Sigurdson Lifetime Achievement Award, which was given to Karin McCaskill of Empire/Sobeys in recognition of her exceptional career. John Murphy, BLG National Managing Partner and CEO, presented the award at the gala held in Toronto.
These industry leaders have demonstrated outstanding legal skills, astute business acumen and superior professionalism in their respective fields:
- Business Achievement – Noah Waisberg, Kira Systems
- Osler Purdy Crawford Deal Making – Phil Shaer, Canopy Growth Corporation
- Baker McKenzie Innovation – Nicolas Chaput, Uber Canada
- Litigation Management – Yasmin Visram, Industrial Alliance Insurance & Financial Services Inc.
- Mid-Market Excellence – Gregory Joffe, InstarAGF Asset Management
- Environmental, Social and Governance – Jennifer D. Suess, RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust
- Tomorrow's Leader – Christelle Gedeon, Aphria Inc.
- Canadian General Counsel of the Year – Jeff Davis, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
The Canadian General Counsel Awards, hosted by the National Post and ZSA Legal Recruitment, recognizes excellence in the in-house counsel community.