It is no secret that many colleges and universities rely on charitable giving from alumni and other individuals and groups to assist with operational costs that may not be covered by tuition. Higher education institutions, like any charitable entities, need to be aware of a myriad of legal issues surrounding acceptance of charitable contributions. Our webinar on charitable giving for institutions of higher education will address some of the important laws regarding charitable gifts in higher ed.
The 60-minute webinar will cover the following:
- Why charitable institutions need to monitor estates of which they are beneficiaries. Are income and estate taxes being allocated to the charity or paid unnecessarily? You won't know unless you monitor the estate
- Issues to avoid with charitable pledges
- How the 2017 tax legislation affects charitable giving
- Year-end charitable remainder trust drafting
- Special issue in connection with gifts of art and other tangible personal property
The live presentation of this webinar was approved for 1.0 hour general CLE credit in California and Illinois and 1.2 hours of general CLE credit in Missouri. If you are interested in receiving credit for watching the recorded presentation, please click here.