The 2024 edition of Chambers Latin America recognizes Jones Day in eight practice rankings, including a Band 1 ranking in the Compliance category for Mexico, and honors 12 Firm lawyers, including a Band 1 ranking for Guillermo Larrea in Mexico Compliance.
Additional highlights from the 2024 edition include:
Latin America-wide rankings across three practice areas:
- Corporate Crime & Investigations
- Project Finance
Mexico rankings across five practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded
- Dispute Resolution: Civil & Commercial Litigation
Jones Day maintains an excellent reputation among both clients and market commentators, who praise the Firm's "multidisciplinary team of lawyers with wide experience...who are able support in any issue that is entrusted to them" and "excellent advice which takes into account the needs of our company."
Additional comments include:
- "Jones Day's strength is their experience in a wide array of matters. Their solutions are comprehensive, creative and always protect our interests."
- "The team at Jones Day is cost-effective, diligent and strategic in its approach, implementation and planning."
- "They work very well with our team, and are able to navigate critical and nuanced issues whilst remaining on time and on budget."
- "Jones Day has a very strong civil litigation team, with great knowledge of federal as well as local regulations and processes. The team is responsible and takes ownership of the matters, providing consistent follow-ups."
- "We rely upon their corporate and M&A team for large and complex transactions."
The Chambers Latin America rankings, based on interviews with lawyers and clients, look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.